Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 2008 17:11:57 GMT
-- Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I certainly never meant to put undue pressure on you.

you don't have to take any undue credit here peter, it was not to you i was referring.

>..in preparing for this talk for six months that you would have your sources and research
handy.

...and despite the fact that i said upfront i was swamped, and would post sources soon...and _asked_ for patience?  i don't know how i could have expressed my situation more clearly...despite your assumptions.  the talk on microbes is being presented (and largely researched) by my wife...she rarely posts here on bee-l.

>It's just that many outlandish claims have been presented on this
forum as well as others.

please quote me if you think i've made outlandish claims

>When you and Dee keep referring to the virtual avalanche of "new research"

please attribute dee's statements to her, and mine to me...you will find that this was dee's claim, not mine.

>The Vita web site is a crowning example of the type of PseudoScience
so many of us oppose.

yes...that was one cite, which you've criticized in 2 or 3 posts now?  there were lots of other citations given.

>...I found out they are using bacteria as a treatment
for bee diseases. This is a novel approach, one that I hadn't heard
of.

which is why i posted it.

Evidently the USDA is interested in this as well

>Jay D. Evans and Dawn L. Lopez
USDA–ARS Bee Research Laboratory, BARC-East Building 476, Beltsville, MD 20705

when jeff pettis spoke at our club in october, he mentioned that they were finding that probiotics work for bees in cages....but couldn't document any benefits in the field...perhaps because the microbial culture doens't operate in a cage.

deknow (from the airport)