From:
dthompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 2010 00:13:07 -0400
Thank you  Juanse

I think this is a fairly large piece of the puzzle

[my comments]
>8 mg of cobalt per 1 liter of sugar syrup. CoCl2 or CoSO4
[protein synthesis, probably a bee specific vitamin precursor]

>rate of 4 mg (KI)?per 1 liter of syrup [fat bees]

>1 mg Mn per 1 liter of sugar syrup
[vitamin precurser, also triggers hoarding]

>(8 kg)  phosphoric acid, potassium and sulfur-acid magnesium
>    500 mg of salt per 1 liter of syrup  (wintering feed)

Where to get, Where to get,

Mn is easy
Few people can not find a dead (regular) flashlight battery
MnO2 is insoluble, so  MnO2 + 4 HCl -> MnCl2 + Cl2 + 2 H2O
NOTE: evolves chlorine
volumes ~ BB size may be 100 doses!!!

Co is harder
(slight) majority of LiIon batterys are LiCoO2 based
(modern) cell phone and such & LiPos, not high draw devices
The Co being Co(III) is also insoluable
HCl will fix this too, hopefully a bit of LiCl is irrelevant

KI I already have, but elsewhere (courtesy cold war paranioa)
This IS something that can be bought at pharmecy

Winter feed:  look sideways and it's 1 granule triple
superphospate, 1 granule KCl (0-0-60), 1 drop Milk
of Magnesia  (I know, this is Mg(OH)2 )
Very agricultural

Don't try this at home, kids

dave

PS Still pleased with C, no news, doing well
except for LAZY Bk