From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Mar 2013 06:14:55 -0700
Stan asked for an explanation of how neonic residues in the soil could
plateau.  Thanks for the spreadsheet Jeremy!  I made up a similar one.
 I assumed a dose of 1 unit each year, with a1 yr half life (half the
product degrading over the course of a year).

End of year		Residues assuming 1 yr half life
0		0
1		0.5
2		0.75
3		0.875
4		0.9375
5		0.96875
6		0.984375
7		0.9921875
8		0.99609375
9		0.998046875
10		0.999023438
11		0.999511719
12		0.999755859
13		0.99987793
14		0.999938965
15		0.999969482
16		0.999984741
17		0.999992371
18		0.999996185
19		0.999998093

Note that the residues in the soil max out at an asymtote approaching
the yearly dose.

Randy Oliver, currently in corn country (Iowa), with beekeepers
approaching me left and right telling me how their bees do just fine
around corn!