From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2013 22:09:10 -0500
The Southern Adirondack Beekeepers Association annual seminar is 3 weeks away!

SABA Seminar       9:30 am- 5 pm     Saturday March 16, 2013

Where: The Huxley Theater in the NY State Museum, within the Cultural
Education Center
222 Madison Ave., Albany NY. The Museum will be open during the day.
Museum entry is free, as is parking.

Our Speakers :     Adam Finkelstein of VP Queen Bees with
        “The Biology Behind Queen Rearing: Including Tips and Tricks”
        and “VP Queen Bees - Our Goals, Operations and Observations”

        Karen Rennich of the Bee Informed Partnership with
        “How NY bees Compare to the Rest of the Country:  The APHIS
National Honey Bee Survey”
        and “The Bee Informed Partnership:  Being Nosy Pays Off!”

        and Jon Zawislak of the University of Arkansas with “Bee
Genetics Made Understandable”
        and “Speaking to the non-beekeeping Public”

Vendors:  Betterbee, Brushy Mountain Bee Farm and Dadant will have booths.
          Check with them for pre-orders.

Fundraiser :  As usual, a fundraiser will be held with beekeeping
prizes donated by vendors and friends.

Lunch break: SABA has arranged a cold buffet lunch, so there won't be
any need to dash out to drive and find a restaurant.  The seminar is
in downtown Albany, and there are very few places close by for a
Saturday lunch.  Join the rest of us for lunch!

Cost:  If pre-registered by March 5, lunch is included in the fee* .
    $39 for SABA member.
    $44 for non-SABA member.      *  If you choose not to get the
lunch, deduct $14.

Walk-ins on seminar day (seminar entry only, no SABA lunch available
for Walk-ins):
    $30 for SABA member
    $35 for non-SABA member

>>> Remember, if we don't receive your registration by March 5, you will not get the SABA lunch. <<<

And Dinner With the Speakers : Friday 3/15, again at The Treviso. $35
per person.  Alcoholic drinks are additional and are to be paid for by
the individual.  Mark form and information will be sent to you (time,
directions).

See www.adirondackbees.org for further info., such as registration
form, membership fees/options etc.
Contact Anne Frey with questions:  [log in to unmask] or 518-895-8744