From:
Roger White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Jun 2006 21:37:45 +0300
I used to use donkey droppings, when they used to be common here and much to the amusement of the locals - this eccentric Englishman that was going around after the donkeys and picking up their excreta.  Over the past 30 years though they have become rarer and rarer as the locals have become more affluent and now ride around on motorcycles or in Mercedes cars (these are the ones that had donkey fields near the sea!)  So we now just use dry pine needles.  Maybe the high fuel prices will see an upsurge in the donkey population - I hope so!!
Best regards
Roger White
Superbee bees Cyprus.