From:
Malcolm Roe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 May 1995 13:43:56 +0100
Regarding a laying worker hive, Chris Deaves wrote:
> Otherwise, you can try and unite the affected colony with one that is
> queen-right, to save the workers for use.

I ususally just shake all the bees off the frames onto the ground in
front of a queen-right hive.  It's less bother than the other, standard
methods of uniting and I've never known it fail.  You loose the brood,
of course, but that's no great loss since it's entirely small drones.

--
Malcolm Roe                                Phone  :  +44 1442 345104
Crosfield Electronics Ltd                  Fax    :  +44 1442 343000