From:
Lloyd Spear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 10:39:37 -0400
Vivian asked "how do you keep the bugs and wax moths out of your "wet"
supers?"

I also store supers wet.  I prefer that as I use queen excluders and putting
on wet supers gets the bees to immediately move above the excluders into the
supers.

Bugs and wax moths in wet supers here in upstate NY is not a problem due to
the cold nights we start to get "now", and the very cold winters that kill
most (but not all) of the eggs and larvae.  In fact, we can leave wet supers
in storage until around June 15 without suffering damage.  In warmer
climates that would be a problem, and beekeepers would have to use a moth
control...which is also not a problem.

Lloyd
Mailto: [log in to unmask]
Lloyd Spear Owner, Ross Rounds, Inc.  The finest in comb honey production.
Visit our web site at http://www.rossrounds.com.