From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Oct 2005 18:46:28 -0700
--- Murray McGregor <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> One colony was collecting urine coloured honey
...it was
> apparent that it was Lime (Linden or Basswood for
> those where those names are current).

I have Lime here, very few not enough for a surplus,
maybe less than a couple dozen lime trees in my
foraging area.  The color honey you describe is how I
would discribe my Black Locust honey.

> Also FWIW. I had some of the Elgon derived stock
> here to test.

Elong bees, name originating or derived from Mt.
Elong?  Are they the same bee as sometimes I hear
being called monticola?
Yes, I've seen these brood patterns from these bees on
photos by Erik I believe, very nice indeed, brood in
the entire frame even in the corners!

...echo Trevors statement, it is
> honey in the tank
> that matters. Whatever the activity of these bees
> was about, it
> certainly was not efficiency in an economic sense.

Yes, Trev and yourself are very correct.

> First time I have chipped in for a long time,

Nice to hear from you again Murray!  Keep on chipping,
I value the beekeeping perspective.

Joe Waggle ~ Derry, PA
Small Cell Beekeeping
‘Bees Gone Wild Apiaries'