From:
Christina Wahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Aug 2013 17:09:13 +0000
Pete says:

"Often food poisoning occurs in "organic foods" because growers and distributors fail to implement the appropriate measures against food pathogens."

Pete...what do you mean, "often"?  Can you support your statement? How does the incidence of food poisoning by organic growers compare to the incidence of food poisoning by "agribusiness"?  For instance, I recall numerous instances of Salmonella poisoning in agribusinesses (reported in the media), but I cannot think of any significant number of poisonings caused by produce from certified organic farms.

Another question I have about your post is this:  You say "Further, food poisoning due to chemicals is also exceeding rare compared to illness and fatality due to food allergies. Need I add that allergens are natural products, which regularly kill thousands of people?"

Allergens are sometimes the products of exposure to chemicals in the environment put there by agriculture.  How do you figure that into your summary?

It would be easier to take your comments seriously if they were supported by actual data.

Christina