From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Dec 2012 12:00:14 -0600
> California south of the Tehachapi's is fully "Africanized."  Or should I
> say that the feral population displays many Africanized characteristics,

only the feral bees you say?

> So the CSBA has taken a position against keeping feral bees in populated
> areas.

All feral colonies tested or not? Sounds unfair.

Most Southern California beekeepers requeen annually with queens
> from Northern California, which (Bob's opinion notwithstanding) is not
> Africanized.

Even the hobby of which has the largest number of beekeepers?

Not Africanized?

Kind of painting with a broad brush are we not. Considering most hives move
into the south in spring for almonds among hives from areas of AHB.

I guess when researchers said over and over (documented USDA stats) that the
African bees released in Brazil were moving north at around 300 miles per
year they stopped at LA?
Stopped at the line dividing North and south California.

If we are asking Dee to be honest about AHb then should all in the
discussion be honest?

Brain washing is simply saying the same thing over and over till its
believed.

In Texas all the counties around the queen and package industry have been
declared AHB but not Navasota.

Now we are told by the California queen and package industry the northern
half of the state is *not Africanized*?

What proof can you provide? Has a large scale survey of those bees been run?

> As evidence of the above, two weeks ago the weather finally turned cold.
> My sons and I had to find coveralls and gloves for the first time since
> early last spring.

The above is what you base your evidence on?

chuckle.

bob