From:
Barry Birkey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 14 Nov 1996 15:24:18 -0600
George W.D. Fielder wrote:

> +++
>
> Barry
> you wrote
> > There is a book published here in the states called
> >"Keeping Bees"
> >in which it gives you a step-by-step process for making the press. This
> would
> >be another
> >alternative. I can give you more information if you want.
>
> I sure would appreciate this information on making a wax foundation press!
> If it is very lengthy you can send to me directly- email or snail mail.
>  Unfortunately I deleted the original else I would have mailed you directly
> in case not enough interest was generated to mail to all.

George -

The books author is John Vivian and is published by Williamson Publishing in Charlotte,
Vermont. They have a toll free number: 1-800-234-8791. The ISBN number is
0-913589-19-5. The book costs $10.95.

The press looks simple and very easy to make. I have not made one yet but plan to during
the long cold winter months. It looks to me like you could take the basic design and
improve on it if you wanted to. Definitely not the fast way of getting foundation but for
the small guy who wants to use his/her own wax, it foots the bill. Mail me directly if you
need more info.

-Barry

--
Barry Birkey