From:
Gunnar Thygesen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Nov 1996 18:22:36 +0100
From: [log in to unmask] (Gunnar Thygesen)

24-Nov-96, [log in to unmask] asked about beet sugar versus
cane sugar for feeding.

Hi Ralph

Beet sugar is ok for feeding. That is what we use I believe all over in
Europe without problems. Some get it inverted but I myself, as a hobby
beekeeper with 10 to 12 colonies, buy it in supermarkets in bags. I use
for 1 liter of solution 800 g of sugar and 0.5 liter of water which gives
a 60% solution. Per liter of water I add 6 to 7 g of apple acid in order
to lower the Ph which will slow down the growth of microorgamism in the
solution and as I were told in the beekeeping course the bees like it
and it gives some healthy supplements to the food. It certainly has no
bad effect as my winterlosses are low compared with my fellow
beekeeper's now during 12 winters.

Kind regards Gunnar
--- Terminate 4.00/Pro