From:
Stefan Stangaciu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 07:08:42 +0200
Bob Landolfi ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

> Because of these
>injuries I have to take anti-inflammatory medications such as Motrin,
>Ibprofin, and large doses of tylonol.

(snip)

>  Is there anyone out there that can
>tell me a good over the counter pain medication that should not react
with
>the stings that a beekeeper no matter how careful is going to receive
during
>the routine work with bees?

        Hello dear Bob and Bee-L friends,

    You should try propolis (raw, tablets, tincture, spray etc.).

    Propolis is two times better than aspirin (according to an Oxford
study) so it has very good anti-inflammatory properties + it is very
good antiallergic (because of several factors, including the presence in
it of cvercetin) + it has anti-pain activity too.

    You may find it directly in your hives...

    References on propolis properties please find in our
Apitherapy Reference Data Base ( www.sci.fi/~apither )

        Good luck and stay healthy!!!

        Yours,
    Stefan Stangaciu, MD, LAcup.

PS 1-2% of the population may present a local reaction (allergy) to
propolis; so, test it first (raw + as tincture) in very small amounts,
on your fore-arm, before you will use it internally.