From:
PHILIP EARLE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 1995 10:31:00 GMT
Appeal for Eggs or Sperm

Here in Northern Ireland, the Ulster Beekeepers Association is
preparing to setup a bee breeding station.  Importation of bees
and genetic material is totally banned by the Department of
Agriculture for N.I. but the possibility exists that the Dept
may in the near future allow the importation of sperm and perhaps
eggs.

We want to develope good tempered, disease resistant breeding
stocks and this initial letter is a probe to find out if anyone
in the USA, Europe and UK who breeds queens and is familiar with
I.I. techniques would be prepared to supply sperm or eggs from
tested breeding materials of known pedigree during the months of
May to July.

All replies will be forwarded to the Ulster Beekeeepers Association
for consideration and should the Department of Agriculture grant
an importation licence, further detailed discussion will follow
with interested parties.

Please reply to [log in to unmask]
Philip Earle (Treasurer, Belfast and District Beekeepers Association)