From:
Brian Ames <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Jul 2009 11:36:56 -0400
My experience is if you are selling over 20K pounds a year and wholesale product to
stores, spending money on a professionally designed label, label stock and printing will
be more cost effective over the long haul.

I find this true at the farmers market level also and pack out all of my own product.

A nicely designed label combined with good local honey is all it takes to rev up your
sales.

Look at it as an investment not an expense. While cutting costs and doing it yourself is
the beekeepers mantra - this is one area I would advocate getting proffessional help.

After the initial design cost and printing plates, the cost per label is usually much lower
per label when printed by a printer and a several year supply is purchased as compared
to buying office supply style blank labels and running through a computer printer. The
cost of the label stock and printer cartridge is much higher then the few pennies a label
you pay from a printer.

I pay around 2-3 cents label while Avery label stock at office depot can run twice or 3X
that cost.

This is one investment that keeps on giving you a return year after year after year. Why
try and cut corners on what in the end is the image you portray to your customer?

What experience have others had with labels ?