From:
Keith Benson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Aug 2007 12:51:27 -0400
---- "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

 This year I put my excluders
> aside and gave each colony a 3 deep nest with 4-5 medium supers.  The result was an
> average yield of 225 lbs of honey per hive.  I had never had this with excluders and 2
> deep nests.  Not even close - I'd be lucky to get over a 100 lb of honey.

Is it possible that the thing that made the difference was the three deep broodnests and not the excluders?  A big ol broodnest like that, if properly expanded could make for loads of bees, and lods of bees means more honey.

I guess I would be more convinced if you compared three deep BN with excluders to 3 deep BN without, or two deep broodnests with excluders vs two deep broodnests without excluders.

Otherwise how do you tell the apples from the oranges?

Me, I have not noticed a difference with or without excluders, if one uses drawn comb.

Keith