From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Dec 2011 22:08:49 -0600
I believe you have the  Capensis story correct Joe.

years ago the list had direct information from beekeepers with Cape Bee
problems (Seargant & Allsop were their names ) and in the archives.

If I remember correctly Barry Seargant ( I think I have his name correct)
said he trapped around 600 scutelata swarms at start of the season and then
towards the end of the season most were taken over by capensis laying
workers causing those colonies to fail.

I am sure Allen & Aaron remember Barry and the details he shared?. I think
Allsop first name was Dave and he visited the Tucson Bee Lab when bees with
*capensis Like* (not actual capensis) traits were reported by Dr. Gloria
DeGrandi -Hoffman about 10 years ago.

bob.

bob