Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 2010 15:37:15 -0500
> Also thank you Bill T. for letting me know you have success with this
> method. I am just glad the problem is limited to a couple of hives, those
> are very little nails to hammer in. I also set a few traps, they are like
> mouse Havaheart traps but I do not have a heart when I catch something, they
> are crow food.

This past spring, when we had loads of rain and my back yard was more swamp
than grass, I happened to look out the window and the Great Blue Heron that
is usually in our creek (a creek in Maine can be hundreds of yards across)
was in the back yard and catching a shrew/mole/mouse about every three
minutes. Captured it on video. Very impressive to watch the transit down its
gullet.

So maybe rent a Great Blue.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine