From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2008 09:34:03 -0500
Kathy Kellison wrote:
> My experience is the bees consume it readily as opposed to
> a grease patty that might get nibbled on and I ended up chucking after a few weeks.
The grease patty should be left on all winter.It may not (and usually is
not) totally consumed, but that is not an issue. The key is that it is
there the entire time that TM may be present, not that it disappears
quickly. Truth is, if it is gone quickly, it is not doing its job over
the long haul.

It was pointed out to me that TM as a problem disappears when pollen
starts in the spring and becomes one when it stops. Pollen may act as a
mask, just like Crisco, but that is pure conjecture.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine