From:
Tom Barrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 10:44:49 +0100
Hello All

I got a request for details on FGMO residues in honey on the Irish
Beekeeping Discussion List recently.

I knew that Dr Pedro Rodriguez was awaiting laboratory results on tests on
honey, so I sent a copy of the request to Dr Rodriguez and received the
following reply this morning.

>Hi Tom.
>   We just received our honey residue test results back from the
>laboratory. The test result was negative, zero, nada, zilch. The honey
tested came from colonies that have been treated with FGMO for the third
year. I do not doubt that eventually  FGMO may find its way into the honey
but it just does not like it will be any time soon.
>Have a wonderful day.
>Pedro

Sincerely
Tom Barrett