From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Aug 2012 08:00:46 -0400
> Don't get me wrong...clean is good, really clean is even better, but there are downsides for total sterilization....

Seems like I Dean and I disagree on a lot of things. But not this. The move to sterilize everything has had many negative consequences for health and aesthetics as well.

We are huge fans of raw apple cider. NY State came in and mandated that apple cider be pasteurized. What a joke! It ruins it, of course. Neither honey nor apple cider need to be pasteurized. These are raw agricultural products and should be classed as such, not slipped into the same category as milk or meat. The level of sanitation required should fit the product, not the notions of misinformed government regulators.

Pete