From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 May 2007 11:51:59 -0500
>Is there any way of knowing if this corn was GMO type?

I asked but the Australian beekeeper did not know. The Canada beekeeper
raises queens at this time of year in Canada but went to Australia over
their winter (Australia summer) to raise queens.

The Australia beekeeper  thinks the pollen the Canada beekeeper collected
(about the same time has the fall hives were crashing) might be the source
of the problems as they are feeding pollen patties of pollen they trapped
themselves.

off topic: ( so others will not think I am speaking of the above beekeepers)
Many beekeepers say:

I had my bees next to corn ( example) and had no problems!

Which is true but there are at least three chemical seed treatments of which
Imadicloprid is only ONE. If systemic chemicals are causing pollen problems
I suspect it will be traced to a single chemical but my opinion is not based
on research but the fact only beekeepers in certain areas of say *corn* are
having problems when other beekeepers in other areas of corn are seeing
problems.
Bob

--
believed to be clean.