From:
Mats Andersson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 08:32:14 +0200
Heinrich Schmitt wrote:
>"I treat my bees in the spring and fall..."

Heinrich, i find it very interesting that you treat with oxalic acid in the
spring. I did not know this was possible. This is my second year with varroa
and i'm pretty shocked by the way the mites have been able to build up in
two summers even though i have treated my colonies (with oxalic acid
dripping in the spring and by removing drone brood in the early summer).

To be able to reduce the number of mites in the spring is essential. What
time of the year do you do this? Does vaporized oxalic acid have a long-time
effect (like Apistan) that makes up for the fact that oxalic acid does not
kill varroa in sealed brood? Has it been proven that no oxalic acid ends up
in the honey?

Sincerely

/Mats Andersson, Stockholm Sweden