From:
P-O Gustafsson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 23:01:37 +0200
Tim Sterrett wrote:

>   Raw honey (unheated and not finely filtered) is similar to brown
> chicken eggs. I know that white eggs and brown eggs are not different in
> any way except shell color, but I prefer brown eggs as slightly exotic.

Now, I wouldn't agree on this statement. For most of us here in Europe, "raw"
honey is the normal honey and something heated and filtered would be
industrial honey that is used in bakery etc. and not ending up in the stores.

A friend sent me some liquid honey in a "Honey Bear" from the US that
had been treated that way. Sure, it stayed liquid for ever, but didn't taste
much of anything. All that taste you buy honey for was gone..... you could use
plain sugar instead.

--
Regards

P-O Gustafsson, Sweden