From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 09:18:15 -0500
Hello Allen,
I must have misunderstood the study. Below is the entire sentence. Be gentle
Allen as I do not understand the whole phons and hertz  business.

(The loudness level in phons is a subjective sensation--- this is the level
we perceive the sound to be at) From about 500hz to roughly 1,500 hz the
line is flat on the 10b scale.

Does the above not indicate that human hearing of sound begins around 500
hz?

Would not 500hz be in line if the Michelson quote was correct saying that
between 250hz to 300 hz was inaudible to humans?

Even with my limited knowledge (and your saying that the quote I presented
by Michelson 1987 should stand) I can not help but to believe that 250 to
300 hz is beyond the hearing range of most people working a bee hive
outdoors.

Sincerely,
Bob