From:
Kelley Rosenlund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 1995 08:49:21 -0400
>There is still a myth that trapping with the use of a screen cone works,
>but then there is still a flat earth society.
>Bee removal is a physical process and unfortunately, cutting open big
>trees is not practical, most  of the time.

        Unfortunately I am finding myself in a similar situation. A several
year old hive is in an old hollow brick corner foundation of a house  and
two weeks ago I made a cone exit and sealed every other nook & cranny I
could find. I have checked it several times and all was well... till
yesterday. They found a way back in! Also my starter hive with 3 frames of
brood has not made a queen yet. I will bring another frame of brood this
evening.  I guess these gals will do as they please.

        I WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND WOMEN!!! Winged or un-winged!

         P.S. I wonder if putting bee-go in the foundation/tree to drive the
bees out  would speed the process up?
God Bless,

Kelley Rosenlund
In the metropolis of Gainesville, Florida, U.S.A.