From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 2009 08:33:26 -0500
Hello Peter & All,
Unlike some on the list my hired help will be here in minutes. Busy time of
year. I could *easily* counter & reply to what Peter has posted but have
better things to do.

Opinions vary on the neonics

Thanks for Michael Schacker for having the guts to put in print for all to
read what is whispered in beekeeping circles. Michael had a stroke after
writing the book.

Michael was influenced to write the book by some well known organic
beekeepers. A group which does not approve of the way I keep bees but if
asked still respect me for being a straight shooter. In a perfect world
organic would be the way to go but the world does need fed and billions are
made in feeding the world. Money causes greed. The greedy always claim what
they do is for the public good.

If it was true that crops could not be grown without the neonics then I
might have another point of view.

All beekeepers are asking is changes in labels for neonics used on crops
bees visit (or a ban).

Bayer brought IMD to the U.S. under cover of section 18's. FACT!

After *years* of pressure on the EPA Bayer got IMD the full registration.
All done very quietly in my opinion to not  alarm the sleeping hobbits.

Enough said! Off to the queen yards!

Have a nice day!

bob

PS. I still look forward to working the bees on a nice day after all these
year! A Spring without my bees would be very depressing to me!