From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 1997 09:10:31 -0700
I got this note today, and thought that since probably there are more
people who are a bit confused about this, I'm sending this explanation
to all via BEE-L and blind CCing the writer.  It will be also re-sent to
Best of Bee subscribers. (BTW, Best of Bee now has 140 subscribers, up ten
on the week).

> I know you've got to be a busy guy!! How the heck do I unsubscribe to
> bee-L; the best of is most adequate for me and I don't need the addtional
> mail. Keep up the good works!

Here's how:

To unsubscribe from BEE-L *entirely*, send email to
[log in to unmask] saying:

SIGNOFF BEE-L

However, if you just do not want to get mail direct from BEE-L, but still
be able to participate in discussions by replying to messages through
BEE-L,  just send a message with

SET BEE-L NOMAIL

instead.  You will then still be subscribed to BEE-L and be able to post
to BEE-L, but you will get get no mail from BEE-L, unless it is an article
that is selected to be sent to you by Best of Bee.  (There is no guarantee
that you will see all of *your* own articles on Best of Bee, if they
don't make the cut, as one of our ex-subscribers pointed out recently).

Remember: Best of Bee does not allow subscribers to post directly to Best
of Bee.   Best of Bee merely sends along *selected* and edited copies of
messages that appear on BEE-L, with an occasionally bonus article from
sci.agriculture.beekeeping.

FWIW, I think some people have their mailers set to divide incoming flow
into two separate mail directories, one for BEE-L, and one for Best of
Bee.  They can then decide - depending on time constraints - whether to
read all the stuff that comes through on BEE-L, or just the high points on
Best of Bee.

Allen Dick                                  VE6CFK
Rural Route One, Swalwell, Alberta  Canada T0M 1Y0
     [log in to unmask] & [log in to unmask]
       http://www.internode.net/HoneyBee/