From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 2005 09:32:40 -0500
Sorry for the short notice, I should have posted this weeks ago.

The Empire State Honey Producers Association is holding their fall
meeting tomorrow and Saturday in Syracuse, NY.  Full details are
available at:
http://www.ESHPA.org

Of note are two presentations that have been topics of recent discussion
on BEE-L.
Friday, 10:00 AM - FUNGAL PATHOGENS OF INSECTS - AN ALTERNATIVE TO
CHEMICALS OR BIO-WARFARE ON VARROA
Mike Griggs, Entomologist/Support Scientist Plant Protection Unit, USDA
ARS, U.S. Plant, Soil Nutrition Lab.

And

Saturday, 10:15 AM - MECHANISMS OF RESISTANCE AGAINST FLUVALINATE IN
VARROA DESTRUCTOR
Zachary Huang, Professor, Dept. of Entomology Michigan State University

Other noteables on the program include Dr. Nicholas Calderone, Dr.
Marion Ellis, Kim Flottum, Dr. Thomas Seeley and Jack Thomas.

For early arrivals, I'm buying first round after the Board meeting
tonight.

Cheers,
Aaron Morris