From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Nov 2008 10:05:49 -0700
> The problem with light bulbs is that they get too hot and the heat is
> concentrated in one spot; they also burn out quickly when used as heaters.

Rough service bulbs give less light and more heat and stand up best.

> Underneath the rack I have two 3' tubular heaters (135 watts each).

Always make sure that there is drainage so that the heaters do not get
submerged in case of a meltdown or a spill.

This topic was extensively covered in the past.  Does anyone search and read
the archives anymore?  I do, and find it a great resource.
Visit http://listserv.albany.edu:8080/cgi-bin/wa?S1=bee-l&D=1&T=0&H=0&O=D

allen
http://www.honeybeeworld.com/
---
One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that
one's work is terribly important. -- Bertrand Russell (1872-1970)