From:
Rick Grubbs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jun 1996 08:38:29 -0400
Here's one that I can't explain. I had a hive swarm yesterday. After
they left, I inspected the hive and found that they had taken all of the
honey in the brood chamber with them. They left the food super and honey
super alone. About 45 min later they returned and covered the front of
the hive. Hoping to salvage some of the hive, I did a split and remove 3
frames and brood to a nuc. All seemed to be going ok, but this morning I
took a look at the hive and noticed that there was a small fist sized
cluster of bees underneath the hive. I captured this mini swarm, and put
it with the rest of the bees in the nuc. I made sure that when I put
frames in the nuc from the original hive that I chose one that had a
good queen cell on it.  My question is this what I should have done, or
should I have taken another approach to this matter.
--
* Charles (Rick) Grubbs   *