Date:
Sun, 11 Oct 1998 20:25:03 +0200
Sowly, slowly!

David Eyre wrote:
>We
>heard of adding Apple Cider vinegar, so tried it this year and it works.
>Only problem we had to double and triple the vinegar to make it work. We
now
>add 1 tablespoon per gallon, and the bees love it, those babies did real
>well this year.

You listened to very inaccuratly. 10% vinegar (not Apple Cider vinegar) we
used in portion 1ccm a 1kg of sugar in syrup (1:1).  It can help with some
sicks of brood
and also with chalk brood.

>        In Europe 'Thymol' is used as an anti fungus additive to sugar
>syrup, and it's used extensively.

As above. Thymol we used to, but crystalline and not in sugar but under last
frame (farest from entrance) in shallow, very small dish covered wit net, 10
g/hive for 3 weeks (often for all Winter). 100 % of chalk brood disappears
but for long - nobody knows.

Andrzej, Poland