From:
Andy Nachbar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Sep 1997 20:11:53 -0700
At 08:45 PM 9/26/97 -0500, Ken Lawrence wrote:
>hello again
>        I need to add to instructions.  When treating 1-2 hives use 1 rounded
>teaspoon per gallon of syrup.

>Can be stored for 30 days at 90F (32c)

Hi Ken,

Unless there has been some change FUMIDIL-B should be kept only in the
unopened containers, outside of any light, and refrigerated if possible. It
should be packed in a air evacuated container made of dark glass. It is
very heat sensitive and should not be dissolved in very hot water when
preparing for addition to sugar syrup. If it is it will melt the wax or fat
like carrier and become very hard in mix in syrup. It is made with a buffer
added and should bubble up when added to tap or cold water.

FUMIDIL-B should not be held over from year to year and any container that
is opened and found to be changed by environmental conditions should not be
used and returned to whom ever supplied it.

There is NO know test to determine if what you are sold as active FUMIDIL-B
is indeed what it is said to be and beekeepers should be careful from whom
and what they buy. When it was manufactured in the US it was tested during
the manufacturing process which was seasonal and inflated the costs. In
those days anyone who had the gall could call the manufacture and actually
talk one on one to those who were making the product hands on, I did and
later was able to visit with one of them at a convention. But today with
off shore manufacture I am very skeptical and doubt that anyone in this
life could even find the address and telephone of the actual live bodies
that are making this product just as I am sure you could with ease talk
with a salesman for the product.

This is one product that I would stay away from unless you know you have a
problem or are interested in shipping bees or rearing queens as for most
this is the only use that can justify the high cost of the product.

IMHO, the OLd Drone
Los Banos, California