From:
Russell Vreeland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 5 Oct 1998 09:58:26 -0400
I'm new to this discussion group and would appreciate any response to two
questions.  My husband and I have been keeping hornfaced bees for
pollination for 3 years now.  We live in Coatesville, Pennsylvania and the
bees seem to be doing well. Does anyone know if they are susceptible to the
varroa and tracheal mites of honey bees? Also, we would like to switch from
cardboard tubes to wooden bee houses -- does the type of wood used make a
difference with the bees?
Thanks,
Susan Vreeland