From:
INFORMED Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Mar 1998 11:40:41 -0500
At 11:27 AM 3/31/98 -0500, you wrote:

Hi:

This is not an Montana State University Project!!!  Our sister institution
can't take credit for this project.  They may have an entomology program,
but they don't work with bees.

We do the bee research at THE UNIVERSITY OF MONTANA.

Easy to remember, MSU is the home of the Bobcats.

We are the home of the Grizzlies!  Think about bears and bees.

The hive was set up last Friday.  The camera went on today.  The flight
counters will be added in a couple of days (as soon as the bees learn how
to go in and out of the window entrance).

Temperature probes, etc. will be added over the next few weeks.

In the meantime, you can access a video camera mounted in the flight tube,
access the indoor and outdoor temperatures and barometric pressure, and
view some of our data from last summer from our home page at:

http://www.umt.edu/biology/bees

DO NOT BOOKMARK THE CAMERA!!!!  Currently it is hooked to a machine called
Yoda.  This will shortly become BEEKEEPER.  You can bookmark the main page,
but if you bookmark the camera, the link will fail in a few days.

I am flying to MD and then to FL on Thursday to drive bees from GA back to
Baltimore - so beekeeping will take precedence over the fancy hive.

But it is slowly getting there.

Cheers

Jerry

>  Does any one out there have the web address to the M.S.U. online bee hive
>project. This is the one where they have the beehives hooked up to all kind
>of sensors and a camera. I lost my address when I had to reload my computer,
>any help with the address will be appreciated.
>
>        Dennis Scott

Jerry J. Bromenshenk
Research Professor
The University of Montana-Missoula