From:
Dick Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Dec 2001 16:29:34 -0500
Beekeepers:

A recent post was made concerning the nastiness of coumaphous:

>In two words, "cholinesterase inhibition".

>In plain English, this means that your synapses can stop working.
>This results in your neurons not getting signals from your synapses..etc.
etc.

I, too, am less than overjoyed about the use of coumaphous as a
miticide. ...but, isn't this the way nearly all pesticides work? Doesn't
fluvalinate work in the same manner? Or am I mistaken?

By the way Mark Winston, in his column for the December 2000 Bee Culture
magazine shared some of his thoughts and feelings about the EPA approval of
coumaphous, in addition to Terramycin and fluvalinate.

Regards,
Dick

Regards,
Dick