Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2012 15:19:34 -0400
>> ... I never hear of this from Gmail or Hotmail or Ymail users....

>As a Yahoo user, this has been happening regularly to my BEE-L messages
> for the past year or so.

I misspoke, and assumed that Yahoo! had cleaned up their act.  In fact, I did
have multiple problems a few years back when I used Ymail and quit using it,
so I don't know, other than the fact we don't hear complaints from them ever.
I still have Ymail account, but never use it, and I guess that says something.

As for Hotmail, I am giving them the benefit of the doubt, too. I don't use my
Hotmail, either. We don't hear complaints from Hotmail users, either.

As for Gmail, that has been my main account, although you may notice my
honeybeeworld.com address.  Honeybeeworld.com is reliable, too and as it
happens,  I am my own ISP, so I know about the problems of spam filtering,
etc., and they are not trivial or anything to discuss here.

>...it is unfair to place the blame completely on the receiving ISPs.

Fair or not, that is not the way I see it.  The good ISPs don't have any
problems. Others consistently have problems and their customers, apparently,
never know it.

> The other alternative ways of following the list are feasible (website and RSS)
but they have their own disadvantages as well.

I recommend a combination of methods for those who suspect they are losing
incoming email until they verify their ISP needs replacing.  Owning a Gmail
account simply for receiving BEE-L is an option, too.  If anyone needs an invitation,
I have some left.  Gmail supports web, IMAP and POP -- and it is free.

For those of us with reliable email, there is no need to use alternate methods.
Email works 100% for me, but I do use the web interface a lot because I like it.