From:
charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Aug 2014 12:50:57 -0500
What is the efficiency of the honeybee as a pollinator?  How does it
compare to native bees? Do we have a means of measuring the efficiency of
pollinators?  When it comes to pollination, honeybee colonies have the
advantage of a large population size.  That makes them effective, but I am
interested in efficiency.

You would need to be more specific in what plant in particular you refer
too.  Some plants such as Almonds require  honeybees to be successful on
large scale,  other plants bees are of little use.  The main advantages of
honeybees are the ability to manage and move them!

Kopert, sells bumbles, and Mason bees are popular as well (here in IL mason
bees are the best for plums and peaches)

Lots of research and data out there,  but it is going to be very plant
dependant.

Charles