Date:
Fri, 3 May 91 13:36:00 EST
I have just published a honey bee feeding in study in the second issue
of Bee Science, "A Florida Honey-Bee Feeding Study Using the Beltsville
Bee Diet," Vol. 1, no. 2, pp72-76.  I am thinking of taking samples of
bees over a season to monitor the natural proteins and fats in their
bodies--has anyone seen other studies along this line.  The Australians
have done this by measuring crude protein percent, however, the percent
is a problem and so lipids are also of interest.  Any iformation on this
issue would be appreciated.  If you wish a copy of the study, drop me
a line....Tom Sanford, Dept. Entomology-Nematology, University of Florida,
Bldg 970, Gainesville, FL 32611-0740--ph 904/392-1801, ext 143.