From:
Bob Darrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 2010 19:39:24 -0400
On 28-Oct-10, at 11:34 PM, Bob Harrison wrote:

>> Seems peculiar, wouldnt you expect higher moisture honey to
>> stratify to
>> the top, as it is ( marginally) less dense?

Hi All

I keep my honey in a tank for a week after extracting to let wax etc
float to the top.  I bottle directly from the gate on the bottom.
Checking with my refractometer several times while filling containers
shows that the honey at the bottom of the tank contains less
moisture.  One tank this year tested as follows: 15.8%, 16.1%. 16.5%,
16.9%.  500 pound tank with lid, no heat.

Bob Darrell
Caledon Ontario
Canada
44N80W