From:
Metro Propolis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Oct 2014 20:56:07 +0000
>>He says that 125F is the magic temperature, and it should take about 24 hrs.

>I would suggest that would be to separate granulated honey from wax.  The honey would melt and the wax would form a cake on the surface.

Belatedly, here's the full text.

Honey Granulated in the comb
---------------------------------------

Honey from oilseed rape and other members of the Cruciferae
family of plant will granulate very quickly and for that reason it
should be extracted as soon as it is sealed.  Sometimes a beekeeper
may be unaware that such crops are in his vicinity and at the end
of the summer will find combs solid with granulated honey and
quite impossible to extract.   Undoubtedly, this is a tedious problem
which takes time and equipment to deal with.  Perhaps the simplest
approach is to cut out all of the granulated combs from their frames
and to chop them up in a bowl into small fragments an inch or
two square this is then transferred to a 28lb tin which is placed
in a heating cabinet maintained at a temperature of about 125F.
After 24 hrs the honey will be liquefied and can be poured out,
filtered, and bottled in the usual way.   Some advocate using a higher
temperature of about 160F until the wax melts.   The tin is then
cooled quickly when the wax will solidify as a cake on the surface
of the liquefied honey which can be poured off.   The method is
satisfactory providing that honey is exposed to these high temperatures
for the minimum time necessary.  However, the HMF content of the honey
will undoubtedly be raised and it would be advisable to used the honey
at an early date

- p.41, Honey Marketing, Harry Riches, 1989.