Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 2009 17:28:01 -0500
Interesting following the several threads on comb contamination. But it
seems there is an issue here that seems not to have been cleared up.

How does NC ever get to the hive in the first place? My guess is bees from
away (as we would say in Maine), but maybe there are papers that do discuss
the transmission of NC so possibly the moment of the disease is well known.

What is also interesting is if it is not on the combs, then how does it
further contaminate bees that go onto comb that had NC bees? My only guess
here is honey and pollen left over. But that would be "comb contamination".

BTW, there is a new study on the effect of cocaine on beekeepers. Like their
bees, they also dance differently.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine