From:
Peter Bond <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Nov 1996 13:45:57 +1100
Morten,
        Putting on my work hat: the answer is YES!
Though I am mot a Food Technologist, I asked Jim Cullhane who is (over
lunch), it is not easy and you need some special equipment to do it (ie a
longer column to dry at a lower temperature) similar to those used for
tomato paste.  There was an article in the "Australasian Beekeeper" within
the last 18 months on a group in Queensland producing dried honey for the
Australian Food Industry.
Will contact you when I have more details, you may contact me directly if
this to technical for the BEE-L.

Kind Regards

Peter Bond

At 11:38 AM 7/11/96 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi beeliners!
>Just had a call from a firm producing equipment for spray drying (eg. eggs,
>milk). They had a request for equipment for spray drying honey...........
>Can honey be spray dried - (I suppose the flavour is missed)?
>Does anybody out  there have some info on this? Quick please.
>Regards
>
>Morten Petersen       [log in to unmask]
>Royal Veterinairy and Agricultural University of Denmark
>Dept. of Food science
>Rolighedsvej 26
>1958 Frederiksberg
>Danmark

Peter Bond
Container Test Facility Manager
CSIRO Division of Food Science and Technology
PO Box 52, North Ryde, NSW 2113, Australia
Tel: 02-887 8475
Fax: 02-887 3107
Street address: Lot 17 Riverside Corporate Park
West Entrance, Delhi Road, North Ryde (Sydney)