Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2013 17:39:17 -0500
> As a writer that has spent plenty of time discussing (and plenty of
> defending) on Bee-L

We appreciate that and miss your input lately.

>> I’ve only had a very few conversations about this topic with
>> beekeepers that actually had taken the time to read and understand
>>  what Walt was talking about.

I spent too much time reading his explanations and apparently did not
understand them, or he has changed his story over time.  (At any rate
any long article of speculation and rationalization tends to make my
eyes roll back in my head -- and it is hard to read like that).

> Walt’s use of the word “checkerboard” applies to the combs ABOVE the
brood nest

Maybe I am missing something, but what is honey doing up there anyhow?
If there is honey in the supers, any rational beekeeper in our country
is going to take it off, not play with it.

Or???