From:
Mike Rossander <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2012 15:47:44 -0700
Allen wrote:
> ... I never hear of this from Gmail or Hotmail or Ymail users....

As a Yahoo user, this has been happening regularly to my BEE-L messages for the past year or so.  (Ever since you had to switch providers.)  Sometimes it's messages completely lost, often they are inexplicably delayed and I'll be trying to make sense of two days of replies until the original message finally shows up.  This problem is definitely not "always with secondary providers".

Note that this did not happen before the switch in list managers.  While I completely understand the need to switch, it is unfair to place the blame completely on the receiving ISPs.  There are a number of things that a sending ISP can do to make a message look less spam-like.  The current sender does not appear to be doing those things.  That does not exonerate the receiving ISPs but blame for poor service is shared.

The other alternative ways of following the list are feasible (website and RSS) but they have their own disadvantages as well.

Mike Rossander