From:
Peter Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2007 09:49:38 +0100
Bob wrote:
> Place a pad (old rags) on top of the stack and pour a quarter pint of the
> acid. seal for a week. Air dry before using.

Recommendation I have always seen is quarter pint per box.

> 80% acetic acid can be found at most photo supply stores sold as "stop
> bath"
> or "glacial acetic acid"

80% is not the same as glacial (100%).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acetic_acid

> The above is also supposed to stop European foulbrood from
> reoccuring..Best wishes

80% acetic is effective against everything (on combs) except AFB, but there
may be a small risk that EFB could be sealed under wax or propolis and thus
escape the treatment.  For light EFB the shook swarm treatment seems the
most promising, with burning probably the best option with heavy infections.

Peter Edwards
www.stratford-upon-avon.freeserve.co.uk/