From:
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 1993 09:44:46 -0600
On Thu, 2 Sep 1993 [log in to unmask] wrote:

> I have wax moth in my storage facility for research bee hives.
> Any ideas how to control them?  I am about to try an insecticide
> bomb!    [log in to unmask]

Ed:

Seems to me that there is a BT (MPCA) that someone distributes for wax
moth.  Takes longer, but leaves no residues.

Carbon Tet has been banned for most usages such as given by your
respondents, too dangerous to the applicator.

You can freeze them out in your -85 C freezer.

Do not use a Vapona strip.  Kills the moths and the bees - for months,
gets into the wax and then keeps on ticking.

On a different note, do you now have 2 internet addresses.  Couldn't reach
you the other day, or didn't get a reply.

Still would much like names, addresses, fax, e-mail, etc. of people flying
bees in chambers.  Also info about the Social Insect Listserver.

Thanks

Jerry Bromenshenk