From:
Kathy Kellison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Feb 2010 12:42:42 -0500
..job of "making his case" wrt the anti-honeybee agenda of

well then, it would only be fair to call on the
national beekeeping organizations and leading state beekeeping organizations to 'defend' how they are
calling for protocols on movement of honey bees
across continents but do not have an 'anti-honey bee agenda'

This is about getting a handle on the pests and
pathogens which are also transported when pollinators
are moved long distances in a short amount of time and
consequential lack of co-evolution in new hosts
possibly decimating indigenous species in this
instance of bumble bees.

Healthy and thriving populations of a diverse range
of pollinators to meet our needs and those of
stable ecosystems should not require justification,
what is necessary to insure this, the costs involved,
whether in human or economic resources, are certainly essential considerations but should not be the grounds
for dismissing our responsibility and do nothing.

Kathy Kellison