From:
Rex Bryant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jan 1998 03:18:43 -0500
Hello to all,

I am an amateur beekeeper (one hive currently) and I enjoy the hobby A LOT!

I am also a mechanical engineer and a designer of custom automation
equipment.  It crossed my mind tonight that there may be a need for new
types of automated equipment in some professional beekeeping operations.  I
am guessing that new or improved automatic equipment could be developed to
assemble frames, wire foundation, or handle and extract frames of honey (for
example).  For the latter, full supers could be the input (stacks of them)
and clean supers and honey could be the output (of the automatic system).

If these ideas sound interesting to anyone, or if anyone has another need
for automation in beekeeping (or any need for automation, for that matter),
I would be happy to discuss it.  I do not ask for ANY design input.  I
simply wish to hear some views.

Happy beekeeping,

Rex Bryant

[log in to unmask], or (for serious inquiries or urgent needs)
[log in to unmask] (work-mail)