From:
JOHN GRIMSHAW <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Dec 2011 08:12:39 -0800
Mike,

As one who went undiagnosed with lyme disease for some time in the late 90's,I also urge you to see your doctor for the test.I had tossed off the early symptoms as a summer cold,the joint pains as the results of a tough day at work and it wasn't until I noticed a loss of balance that I was tested and the disease was confirmed.It was a long recovery and I still feel it aged me 10 yrs.

A short paper on Lyme transmission:
http://www.ct.gov/caes/cwp/view.asp?a=2815&q=376732

When EAS was in Kentucky in 08,I spent a few days before the meeting roaming the beautiful countryside of central and western Kentucky.Near the end of the conference,I noticed the telltale bullseye rash of a tick bite on my inner thigh and casually mentioned it to Jim Gross(from Nantucket where there are plenty of deer ticks) and he suggested that we apply bee stings to the area to neutralize the spirochetes.So,off to the bee yard to sting my leg,never realizing the disruption we were to cause to the speaker who was scheduled.

Now I'm not suggesting that you sting the affected area.........
 You may need someone to hold you down.

Title:
The Antimicrobial Agent, Melittin, Exhibits powerful in vitro Inhibitory Effects on the Lyme Disease Spirochete

Authors:
Lubke LL; Garon CF

http://www2.lymenet.org/Domino/abstract.nsf/8c703fae46ce57c28525670a0009ab7e/ac152daba98e1e518525660f00089d45?OpenDocument

Jack